Pisharody Educational & Welfare Society, is a charitable society established as a sub unit of Pisharady Samajam in 1980 mainly to work for the literary, social and financial upliftment of the people of India in general and;
- to extend help the needy and poor children by way of educational assistance/scholarships
- to set up and run academic educational institutions
- to set up and run technical institutions
- to set up and run hospitals, health clinics, laboratories, etc.
- to set up hostels, guest house, orphanage.
- to set up reading rooms and libraries.
- to set up village industrial units and there by to create job opportunities for unemployed.
- to provide help in the field of self employment.
- to set up printing press, news papers and magazines.
- to set up social care centers to help the needy and poor.
- to conduct literary camps, conventions, seminars, symposiums, tours etc.
- to set up handicraft training centers etc.
- to set up socio-economic centers.
- to help needy members of Pisharody community on the occasion of marriage, cremation etc.
Over the years the society has extended its helping hands to a number of poor people by way of financial assistance for education, medical treatment, marriage etc. in addition to old age pension. Educational merit awards have also been given to many students.
The society celebrated it’s Silver Jubilee in 2005. As a part of Silver Jubilee celebrations, Society constructed a house for a poor, homeless member of our community-Smt.Vanaja Pisharasiar of Irinjalakuda unit and the same was handed over to her by the hands of Hon. Kerala Legislative Assembly Speaker Shri. Therambil Ramakrishnan on 25-12-2005.
As per the bylaw, the President of the Pisharody Samajam will be the president of the Society. Sri K.R.S.Pisharody is the founder secretary of the Society who worked hard and gave the society a strong foundation. S/Sri. C.S.Unni, Thalakkulathur Krishna Pisharody, C.G.Reghunathan, K.A.Pisharody, K.K.Radhakrishnan K P Harikrishnan and M P Rajagopalan, C P Madhu were the successors of K.R.S.Pisharody.