Pisharody Educational & Welfare Society, is a charitable society established as a sub unit of Pisharady Samajam in 1980 mainly to work for the literary, social and financial upliftment of the people of India in general and;
- to extend help the needy and poor children by way of educational assistance/scholarships
- to set up and run academic educational institutions
- to set up and run technical institutions
- to set up and run hospitals, health clinics, laboratories, etc.
- to set up hostels, guest house, orphanage.
- to set up reading rooms and libraries.
- to set up village industrial units and there by to create job opportunities for unemployed.
- to provide help in the field of self employment.
- to set up printing press, news papers and magazines.
- to set up social care centers to help the needy and poor.
- to conduct literary camps, conventions, seminars, symposiums, tours etc.
- to set up handicraft training centers etc.
- to set up socio-economic centers.
- to help needy members of Pisharody community on the occasion of marriage, cremation etc.
Over the years the society has extended its helping hands to a number of poor people by way of financial assistance for education, medical treatment, marriage etc. in addition to old age pension. Educational merit awards have also been given to many students.
The society celebrated it’s Silver Jubilee in 2005. As a part of Silver Jubilee celebrations, Society constructed a house for a poor, homeless member of our community-Smt.Vanaja Pisharasiar of Irinjalakuda unit and the same was handed over to her by the hands of Hon. Kerala Legislative Assembly Speaker Shri. Therambil Ramakrishnan on 25-12-2005.
As per the bylaw, the President of the Pisharody Samajam will be the president of the Society. Sri K.R.S.Pisharody is the founder secretary of the Society who worked hard and gave the society a strong foundation. S/Sri. C.S.Unni, Thalakkulathur Krishna Pisharody, C.G.Reghunathan, K.A.Pisharody, K.K.Radhakrishnan K P Harikrishnan and M P Rajagopalan, C P Madhu were the successors of K.R.S.Pisharody.
Ushas, Palace Road, PO Chowwara, Aluva-683571
South Chittoor, Eranakulam
Phone: 99477 46160 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 98195 12811
Phone: 90613 78846
Phone: 94006 20613
- M P Gopala Pisharody Memorial SSLC Award- Rs. 14,000×2
For 2 studentsscoring highest marks in SSLC ( One State Board and One CBSE) (Rs. 7000/- X 2 Semesters)
- Koottala Madhavan Pisharody(USA) Scholarship – Rs. 10,000×2
For 2 studentsscoring highest marks in SSLC (One selected on Merit and One nominated by KMP’s family)(Rs. 2000 x 5yrs = 10000) Download Application form
- K.P.K. Pisharody memorial award
This is the first award by Pisharody Samajam for students scoring highest marks in SSLC. This is in memory of Samajam’s founder president (Late) K.P.K.Pisharody who was the editor of the famous daily ‘Malayala Manorama’ and “Vanitha” magazine.
- A.K.Ammini Pisharasyar memorial sanskrit scholarship
For students scoring highest marks in Sanskrit for SSLC, sponsored by Pulamanthol Vrindavanathil K.P.Gopala Pisharody.
- Karancherry Meenakshy Amma memorial Sanscrit award
For students scoring highest marks in Sanskrit for SSLC
Pisharody memorial malayalam award
for students scoring highest marks in Malayalam for SSLC, sponsored by Smt. Sreedevi Pisharasyar, daughter of (Late) K.Krishna Pisharody
Pisharody memorial award(Science)
for students scoring highest marks in Science for SSLC, sponsored by his children.
for students scoring highest marks in English for SSLC, sponsored by his daughter Dr. Parvathy Reguram.
- Rashtrabhasha Award
For students scoring highest marks in Hindi for SSLC, sponsored by Mr. K P Balakrishnan
- N Rama Pisharody Memorial Award(Maths)
For students scoring highest marks in Maths in SSLC.
- T.P.Rohini Memorial Malayalam Scholarship
For students scoring highest marks in Malayalam for SSLC – Sponsored by Gopalankutty
- Kattur Balakrishna Pisharody & Padinjaroot Vijayalakshmi Pisharasiar Memorial +2 Awards
For students scoring highest marks in Computer science, Biology, Commerce and Humanities for Plus 2 @ Rs.10000/- each.
- T Bharatha Pisharody Memorial Award
For Students scoring highest marks in Plus 2, sponsored by Smt. Sarada Pisharasiar
- A P Vasumathi Memorial Award
For Student who scores highest marks in Malayalam for Plus 2, sponsored by Mr. P Peethambara Pisharody in memory of his wife.
- Attur Krishna Pisharody Memorial Award(Sanskrit)
For Student who scores highest marks in Sanskrit for Plus 2, sponsored by Mr. P Peethambara Pisharody in memory of his wife.
Kainila Pisharath Madhavi Pisharasiar Memorial Award
for students scoring highest marks in Kerala State Govt syllabus in science for Plus 2.
- Late Mungath Sathyabhama Pisharasiar Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship of Rs.3500 for SSLC Children – Sponsored by Chandrapur A Narayana Pisharody
Pisharasyar memorial award(B.Sc)
for students scoring highest marks in BSc, sponsored by Dr.Sarojini Pisharasyar’s husband (Late) Dr.S.K.Pisharody
Pisharasyar memorial award(B.Com)
for students scoring highest marks in BCom, sponsored in memory of Akathiyur puthumanassery pisharath (Late) Lakshmikkutty Pisharasyar by her children.
Pisharoti & Visalakshy Pisharoti Scholarship
for two students ( Rs. 3500/- each per year till the students complete the course) who have passed +2 and pursuing diploma in technical courses ( 2 or 3 year course) sponsored by his son, Ajit Krishnan, chennai in memory of his father (late ) Dr.K.Achutha Pisharoti
Financial Assistance for
Pisharody memorial financial aid
Financial assistance for financially weak students of class 8 to 12, sponsored by Smt. Kunjilakshmi Pisharasiar, wife of(late) M.P.Bharatha Pisharody
- P Rama Pisharody Memorial Financial Aid
Financial assistance for financially weak student studying for Plus 1, sponsored by Smt. Thankam Pisharasiar in memory of his husband.
- K P Bhaskaran Memorial Financial Aid
Financial aid for a financially weak student for Std 8,9,10, sponsored by Mr. P R Pisharody in memory of his son.
Kimji Patel memorial scholarship
Sponsored by Sri. Dinesh Patel, Gujarat, in memory of his father Namji Kimji Patel, for financially weak students studying in 8,9,10 standard.
- K P Rama Pisharody Memorial Financial Aid
Financial aid for a financially weak student for Std 8,9,10, sponsored by Mr. Kodikunnath Achutha Pisharody in memory of his uncle.
- A S Pisharody(Thrippunithura) Memorial Financial Aid
Financial assistance for financially weak student studying for Plus 1.
- AP & N P Scholarship
Financial aid for financially weak students studying for 3 year degree courses.
- Arya Vaidyan N.P.Krishna Pisharody Memorial Aid
For financially weak students pursuing +1 and +2 – sponsored by K.P.Balakrishnan ( IFS)
- Achutha Pisharody & Visalakshi Pisharody Scholarship
Financial Help of Rs.3500 for entire course duration for Technical Diploma Coursers after Plus2 – Sponsored by Ajit Krishnan, Chennai.
- Thrissur Padinjaroot Pisharath Rajagopalan Memorial Educational Aid – By Eranakulam Unit
Financial Help of Rs.10000/- per year for Degree Course – Sponsored by Mini & Dr. Jayakrishnan.
- K P Sreedhara Pisharody Smaraka Vidyanidhi
Financial aid for financially weak students to pursue Professional courser after +2 amounting to Rs.1 lac, amount is payable in 3 or 4 instalments depending on duration of course. Download Application form
- Pradeep Memorial Award
Financial aid for Handicapped deserving students to pursue his education. Any standard. To be selected by the Managing Committee.
Many well wishers are sponsoring the whole educational expenses of economically backward students through the society and units including sponsorship of an engineering student and 5 years continuous sponsorship. (plus 1 to graduation). Apart from this the society is giving financial help to all the needy students from standard 1 to post graduation including technical education in the range of Rs.1000/- to Rs.1500/- every year in June.
A scheme aim to remember and assist senior members of Pisharody Samajam , deserving help created in 2000. Currently Samajam is giving pension to 20 members @ Rs. 2,000/- per month . A Pension Corpus has been created for the said purpose and many members have patronized this scheme.
Donations to the corpus may please be deposited at the designated bank account opened for the purpose, as per details down below.
- P.A. Pisharoti Memorial Fund for Treatment of Cancer
A corpus fund of Rs. 2.5 lakh has been formed by the family members with a view to help our members who are financially weak for treatment of cancer. Rs.10,000/- twice in a year.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
The applicant shall be a member of Pisharody Samajam and should not be in Samajam subscription arrears. The benefit shall also be extended to applicant’s dependent children (below the age of 18 years) The applicant shall provide all details with respect to the treatment undertaken.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
The prescribed application form can be downloaded (Enclosure-A) for medical assistance has to be filled up in all respects.
The amount of assistance will be decided on the basis of number of applications and the financial position of the applicant.
The application for medical assistance supported with all necessary documents, viz. doctor’s prescription, medical bills, etc. will have to be routed through the local unit of the Pisharody Samajam Secretary who, in turn, will scrutinize the application, put its recommendations/comments and forward the same to the Secretary, Pisharody Educational & Welfare Society.
The applicant shall furnish the details regarding family members, annual income of the family, financial assistance received from other sources for the same treatment, original payment receipts etc.
SETTLEMENT OF APPLICATIONS
A panel, comprising of following, shall be the authority to consider the applications.
President, Pisharody Samajam
General Secretary, Pisharody Samajam
President, Mumbai Unit
One Representative from (Late) Shri P.A. Pisharoti’s Family
Secretary/Treasurer, Mumbai Unit
In March and September every year, Secretary, Pisharody Educational & Welfare Society shall verify the applications and compile the same in a tabulated form with all necessary information required for considering the applications and present the same before the panel. Secretary, PE&WS shall convey the decision of the panel to the Central Committee for its approval. As the fund has been deposited in Mumbai, the Central Committee shall communicate the decision to the Mumbai Unit Secretary for issuance of cheque.
- Manjalur Padinjare Pisharath Ammuckutti Pisharasiar Memorial Vaidya Sahaya Nidhi
A corpus fund of Rs.1 lakh sponsored by Shri. Peethambara Pisharody in memory of his mother. Rs.10,000/- per year.
- C.P.Sarojini Pisharasyar memorial Vaidhya Sahaya Nidhi (for cancer patients)
(for cancer patients) or patients who requires long term treatment and medicines, sponsored by (Late) T.V.Kesava Pisharody, Lakkidi, Palakkad, in memory of his wife amounting to Rs.2500/-
- Prof. G Keshava Pisharody, Peruvarath Pisharam & Kuttamasseri Pisharath Kunjikkav Pisharasiar Memorial Vaidya Sahaya Nidhi
Rs.4000/- financial aid sponsored by their children.
- Peruvarath Pisharath G Krishna Pisharody & Alangad Kallankara Pisharath Mankakkutti Pisharasiar Memorial Vaidya Sahaya Nidhi
Rs.1000/- financial aid sponsored by their children.
- Onamthuruth Pisharath Jyothsyan Rama Pisharody * Peruvarath Pisharath Kunjukutti Pisharasiar Memorial Vaidya Sahaya Nidhi
Rs.1500/- financial aid sponsored by their children.
In addition, the society is directly giving a minimum of Rs.1000/- to the deserving patients.
- A corpus of Rs.1 lakh sponsored by OMAN shakha for medical assistance using the interest earned on the corpus amount.
- APK Pisharody Memorial Vivaha Sahaya Nidhi
It is a help of upto 30,000/- per year given for marriage of financially weak girls among our samajam members.
- Society is giving Rs.3000/- to 5000/- as marriage fund to the financially weaker sections.
Income Tax Exemption
Donations to PE & WS is exempt u/s. 80-G of Income Tax Act vide Order No.CIT-TCR/TECH/80G.32/2009-10 dt. 25-05-2011 for life long.
|Payee/Beneficiary Name||PISHARODY EDUCATIONAL & WELFARE SOCIETY|
|Payee/Beneficiary/Recipient Bank Name||CANARA BANK|
|Payee/Beneficiery/Receipient Branch Name||TRICHUR WEST ROUND MAIN|
|Bank’s IFSC Code||CNRB0000721|
|Payee/Beneficiery/Receipient Account No.||0721101061605(For all remittances of subscription, medical aid, educational help, scholarships, Gen Donations)|
|0721101062973 (For Pension Fund Corpus Donation)|
|Payee/Beneficiery/Receipient Account Type||SAVINGS BANK ACCOUNT|