|No. of Members||436|
|Patron||C K Damodara Pisharody, VadakkePisharam ,P.O Parakkadavu , Kurumassery -683579 Phone: 0484-2473182 Mob: 9446477318|
|President||K Venugopal, Sreerag, Manickamangalam PO, Kalady -683574. Mob: 9447573645|
|Vice President||KP Ravi. Mob: 9447869021|
|Secretary||C Sethumadhavan, Surabhi, Palace Road, Chowwara -683 571 Ph: 0484-2601353 Mob: 9809471591|
|Jo. Secretary||V P Madhu, Chowwara – Ph: 934 943 3322|
|Treasurer||K Hari. Mob: 9495793993|
|Internal Auditor||Unnikrishnan, Manikkamangalam|
|Managing Committee Members||
Chowwara, a beautiful small village on the banks of the Periyar river, on the Aluva- Kalady bus route in Ernakulam district is the head quarters of this unit. Ever since the beginning of the Pisharody Samajam in 1977, this is one of the two branches that has functioned without any hitch or trouble till this date. Chowwara shakha comprises of 106 families. There are 15 patron members,14 life members and 192 ordinary members in the Pisharody Educational & Welfare Society through this branch and 95 subscribers to “Thulaseedalam”, the mouth organ of Pisharody Samajam. Right from 1992-93 this branch has collected 100% subscription & membership fees every year and still continuing to do so. The following are the main features of Chowwara Unit.
- Sri. K K Radhakrishnan Memorial awards sponsored by his children are given to the students of 8th, 9th and 10th standards who score the highest marks in the annual examinations. The award amount being Rs.401/-, 501/- and 601/- respectively.
- N Rama Pisharody (Avanamkott Aniyan) Memorial Award for SSLC.
- For students who score 2nd and 3rd positions on the basis of marks obtained in the S S L C exam., Samajam gives special awards.
- In the Silver Jubilee year of the Pisharody Samajam, the unit has started a marriage register for members. All marriages of the members of this unit may be registered here and a certificate will be issued which can be used as an authentic proof for passport and other legal matters.
- A co-operative scheme has introduced in this branch by which , a member can get loan up to Rs.5000/- to meet any urgent / unexpected expenses on the surety of two committee members at a nominal interest rate.
- A special scheme introduced only in this branch enables a member who joins the scheme by paying Rs.500/- to get RS.1000/- for urgent incidental expenses in case of death to any member of the family. Also all kinds of helps will be done to conduct the final ceremonies of the deceased person. Already 50 families have joined in this scheme.
- Honoring members of age 80 and above, conducting pilgrim tours and picnic tours, encouraging the artistic talent of the members, celebrating festivals like Onam etc. are the other activities of Chowwara unit.
- Chowwara Neduvannur Kallankara Pisharath Sarada Pisharasiar Memorial Medical Aid of Rs.5000/- to be given to needy members across the units.
- Alangad Kallankara Pisharath K R Narayana Pisharody Memorial Medical Aid of Rs.3000/- to needy members across the units.